Everyone with even a little bit of debt has to manage their debt. If you just have a little debt, you have to keep up your payments and make sure it doesn’t get out of control. Below are a few items you can work on to make managing your debt a little easier!
- Know who and how much you owe
- Pay your bills on time each month
- Create a monthly bill payment calendar
- Make at least the minimum payment
- Decide what debts to pay off first
- Budget, budget, budget
Don’t just create your list and forget about it. Refer to your debt list periodically, especially as you pay bills. Update your list every few months as the amount of your debt changes.